Surroundings

At a distance of few kilometres you'll find...

Parco Regionale di Veio
The Regional Park of Veio covers an area of 15.000 hectares and includes some parts of the communal territory of the capital and many municipalities belonging to the northern part of the Province of Rome.
It is - after the Mountain Parks and the Parks of the Apennines - the 4th largest park in size of the Region Lazio and contains besides a spectrum of buildings and monuments of the medieval era, a huge number of important archaeological sites of Etruscan and Roman times.
The territory, in fact, is that of the Ager Veientanus, dominated by the Etruscan city of Veii, conquered by the Romans at the beginning of the 4th century BC and then completely abandoned at the end of the 1st century AD, and characterized throughout by interesting historical and natural items and beautiful landscapes.

Lago e Castello di Bracciano
Lake Bracciano is the 2nd largest lake in the Region Lazio and owes its almost circular form and remarkable depth (about 165 meters) to its volcanic origin. It is surrounded by woods, olive groves and gardens.
The Castel of Bracciano (Castello Orsini-Odescalchi), built by Napoleone Orsini between 1470 and 1485, lies on the southern shore of the lake and is considered to be one of the most beautiful feudal residences in Europe.
During the centuries it has welcomed amongst his most famous guests the King of France Charles VIII and Pope Sixtus IV. Still very well preserved it is open to visitors, for admiring the marvellous fresco decorations and antique original furniture.

Lago di Martignano
Lake Martignano, a small lake of volcanic origin of more than 130.000 years ago.
Already known as a vacation spot by the Romans, who used it also as water supply - by means of the Alsietinus Aqueduct erected by Augustus in the 2nd century BC - for the Naumachia of Piazza San Cosimato a Trastevere which was dedicated to Julius Cesar.
Covering an area of 2.440 km² at an altitude of about 305 meters above sea level, the lake reaches its deepest point at about 60 meters.
Completely immerged in wild nature, but provided with some few facilities and services, it is ideal for spending a day in total relax.
The lake is of particular interest also under a naturalistic point of view, because on its shores live many many species of animals and plants.

Trevignano Romano
Trevignano Romano, a small town and municipality built on a basalt cliff, is situated in the Province of Rome on the northern shore of Lake Bracciano.
Due to its favourable geographic position and the presence of thermal springs nearby this area has been inhabited since ancient times: evidence of the Etruscans is given by the many necropolis which stretch for some 3 km behind the present-day town. The Romans, after having conquered Veii (modern Veio) and Caere (modern Cerveteri) in 387 BC, spread all over the territory building many villas, of which one of the most important for Trevignano Romano is probably the residence of Gens Trebonia. Per Trevignano la più importante fu probabilmente la dimora della Gens Trebonia.

Campi da Golf dell'Olgiata Golf Club
The courses of the Olgiata Golf Club, challenging and well designed, are two: the West Course with 18 holes and the East Course with 9 holes.
The Club offers also driving range, putting green, pitching green, pro shop and a swimming-pool; whereas in the clubhouse you'll find a bar, restaurant, movie-, billiard- and bridge-room.
It hosted several events of international fame, such as the Italian Open in 2002, the World Cup in 1968 and 1984, and many other tournaments of the Federazione Italiana Golf (F.I.G.).

parco di Veio



castello di Bracciano

lago di Martignano


Treviganano Romano
Olgiata Golf Club